Monday, April 4, 2016

Skin and Bones

Sometime in 2006, Jeff and I began playing around with wordless naked caveman stories called "Skin and Bones." I used this as an opportunity to loosen up my art style. I used no pencil and drew directly with a pen.

The first story we completed was 40 pages long. We were proud of this sucker and wrapped it in hand-drawn 40 grit  sandpaper covers. Nobody seemed to like it, since the books would instantly scratch the hell out of any other book it came in contact with . . . or maybe it was all the masturbation. We don't know.

Below is the much shorter second story.  I actually penciled it and then inked it. We were planning a series of these shorter caveman kid stories, but soon got distracted by our 600 page graphic novel, Moses.

Jeff recently cleaned it up and I redrew a bit. It is still very rough, but we think it has a lot of heart.

Thanks for looking

Dean








 



 



 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment