Friday, January 1, 2016

Nirvana

This will be the last of my music musings for awhile. Jeff and I are working on a 120 page story called, Boom. When that wraps up, I will get back to B-Sides.

This was the first time I saw Nirvana. That's Dale Crover of the Melvins playing drums.

It really went down this way. I contend that the self-abuse was very real. We just took it for punk rock exuberance. I remember their opening song, "Love Buzz," was such a relief after STP. I had no photo reference for STP. I don't remember the song that drew me into the pit though, probably "Scoff" or "Floyd."

Panel one features my old concert-going comrades, Aric Vance (in the Butthole Surfers shirt) and Travis McKenney (in the plaid).

Here is a link to an audio recording of the show and photos. The actual set starts at 11.20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OV-DE_v3w

Everything by me.
Jeff did his usual cleaning-uppering. Thanks, dude.






No comments:

Post a Comment